* Dr. Vishag Badrinarayanan joined the Marketing Department as an Assistant Professor in 2005. He earned a Ph.D. from Texas Tech University in May 2006. He received an M.B.A. from the Institute for Technology and Management in Chennai, India, and a B.S. from Loyola College in Chennai, India. His industry work experience involved marketing research and market analysis responsibilities. Dr. Badrinarayanan teaches Marketing Management (graduate and undergraduate levels) at Texas State.
* Dr. Enrique Becerra joined the Marketing Department as an Assistant Professor in 2005. He earned a Ph.D. from Florida Atlantic University in May 2006. He received an M.B.A. from Florida State University and a B.S. from Purdue University. Dr. Becerra has over 14 years of industry experience, including eight years of experience in Latin America. He teaches International Marketing (graduate and undergraduate levels), Principles of Marketing, and Ethnic and Niche Marketing at Texas State.
* Dr. Raymond Fisk joined Texas State as Professor and Chair of the Department of Marketing in 2007. Before joining Texas State, Professor Fisk taught at the University of New Orleans, Oklahoma State University and the University of Central Florida (Orlando). He has also taught internationally at Klagenfurt University, Austria as a Fulbright Scholar; the University of Porto, Portugal; University College Dublin, Ireland; the Swedish School of Economics, Helsinki, Finland; the Universidad Diego Portales, Santiago, Chile; the Universidade do Algarve, Faro, Portugal; and the Instituto Tecnologico de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (ITESM), Monterrey, Mexico. Dr. Fisk received the Career Contributions to the Services Discipline Award from the American Marketing Association Services Marketing Special Interest Group in 2005.
* Dr. Ravi Jillapalli is an Assistant Professor who came to Texas State in 2008 from Texas Tech University, where he received his MBA, MS and Ph.D. He received a B.S. in Physical Therapy from Christian Medical College in India. Prior to his career in academics, Dr. Jillapalli had a successful career in clinical physical therapy, healthcare management, and consulting. Dr. Jillapalli teaches Marketing Management (graduate level), Principles of Marketing and Consumer Behavior.
* Dr. Chinna Natesan came to Texas State in 1992. He earned a Ph.D. in Marketing from the University of Arkansas and an MBA and BS from Loyola College, Madras, India. Dr. Natesan teaches Principles of Marketing and Marketing Management at Texas State.
* Dr. Jeremy Sierra came to Texas State as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Marketing in 2007. Before coming to Texas State, Dr. Sierra was an Assistant Professor at Northern Arizona University, where he was the recipient of an Outstanding Professor Award in the W.A. Franke College of Business. He earned his MBA and Ph.D. from New Mexico State University and his B.S. in Hotel & Restaurant Management from California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. He teaches Marketing Research, Sports Marketing, and Services Marketing (graduate and undergraduate) at Texas State.
* Dr. Denise Smart is dean and professor of marketing of the McCoy College of Business Administration and a past president of the American Marketing Association Academic Division, the Southern Marketing Association, the Council of Texas Business Deans and the Southwestern Business Deans' Association; and serves on the advisory boards of AACSB, Beta Gamma Sigma, the honor society for AACSB accredited schools of business, Southwest Texas Border Regional Small Business Development Centers, and the McCoy College Development Foundation. She is chair of the AACSB Continuous Improvement Committee, a facilitator for the AACSB New Dean's Seminar and served as a member of the Blue Ribbon Committee on Accreditation Quality that was charged with revising accreditation standards.
* Dr. Karen Smith's research agenda focuses on the various marketing factors that affect the smoking behavior of college students, teens, and adolescents. This topic is important to a number of constituents, including public policy makers, tobacco manufacturers, parents, schools, health care officials and others. Dr. Smith is working with several other faculty members on grant proposals related to anti-smoking campaigns. Dr. Smith earned a BBA and an MS in Economics from Baylor University and a Ph.D. from The University of Texas-Austin. Before joining Texas State, Dr. Smith worked in banking for eight years. She has been a faculty member at Texas State since 1993.
* Dr. Mary Ann Stutts is the recipient of many honors, including Texas States Presidential Excellence Award in Teaching and the Alumni Association's Teaching Award of Honor. Dr. Stutts has advised Texas State's American Advertising Federation student team for many years and has one of the best competitive records of any advisor in the country. She was Chair of the Building Committee that helped create plans for the McCoy College of Business Administration's new building. Dr. Stutts earned a BBA from The University of Texas, an MBA and Ph.D. from Texas A&M University. She has been at Texas State since 1982.
* Dr. Taewon Suh joined the Marketing Department as an Assistant Professor in 2003 and was promoted to Associate Professor in 2010. Dr. Suh (pronounced "saw") earned a Ph.D. in Communications (in Korea) and completed his second Ph.D. in Marketing and International Business from Saint Louis University.
* Dr. Ruth Taylor, Professor of Marketing, came to Texas State in 1987. She was honored by the Texas Secretary of State's office with a Service Award (2002); completed a faculty internship with the Texas Department of Economic Development (2001); and received the 2005 National Program Excellence Award given by NASBITE International. Since 2002, Dr. Taylor has continuously worked with two universities in Lima, Peru on trade-related research and twice served as a Fulbright Senior Specialist Professor: Universidad de Lima (Use of U.S. Government Resources for Market Analysis, 2006, Lima); and Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos (Brand Management, 2008, Lima) where she received UNMSM's designation of International Honorary Professor. Dr. Taylor serves as regional director for the Marketing Education Association, a national organization of collegiate marketing educators.
* Dr. Anna Turri joined Texas State in 2011 as an Assistant Professor and is currently teaching International Marketing. She earned a Ph.D. in Marketing from the University of Arkansas in May 2011. She received her MBA from Sam Houston State University in August 2007 and her BBA in Finance from Texas A&M University in May 2001.
* Mrs. Vicki West's leadership as advisor to the Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE) team has resulted in national awards, student placement in top companies, investments in the community, and strong ties to the business community. Mrs. West is spearheading the effort to take Texas State students to the annual National Collegiate Sales Competition, where she believes Texas State can take top honors in a few short years. Mrs. West is a recipient of Texas State's Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching. She is a Sam Walton Fellow in Free Enterprise and is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Marketing. She has been with Texas State since 1989.
* Dr. Gail Zank's research program primarily focuses on the effects of technology, societal issues, and organizational capabilities on relationships in the supply chain. Dr. Zank has consulted with a number of industry leaders to improve competitiveness in the supply chain. She is also the recipient of numerous research grants that support this important aspect of marketing and business inquiry and practice. Dr. Zank advises ourAmerican Marketing Association student chapter and was named Texas State's "Most Outstanding Faculty Advisor" in 2003 and in 2004. She holds a BS from Marquette Univesity and an MBA and Ph.D. from Texas A&M University. She came to Texas State in 2001.