The mission of the Department of Marketing is to prepare a diverse student population to become successful marketing professionals and responsible global citizens in a data driven world. The department complements these efforts with research that adds to marketing knowledge while providing solutions to marketing challenges.
The Department of Marketing will strive to be the leader in experiential marketing education and relevant marketing research. It offers a BBA in Marketing with opportunities to pursue a concentration in either Professional Sales or Services Marketing, a Master of Science in Marketing Research and Analysis, and faculty-led and student-run organizations to develop advanced marketing skills that prepare students to succeed in a global and information driven environment.
- Offer curriculum that prepares students to collect, analyze, interpret, and present marketing information utilizing latest marketing research and analysis techniques.
- Provide a customer centric program that prepares students to develop and present marketing plans.
- Prepare students to communicate and present information in a manner according to industry standards.
- Present in-class and outside-class opportunities for students to practice their marketing as well as their social global citizenship skills.
- Maintain up-to-date curriculum, adapting for global changes in technology, data analysis and presentation software and other marketing changes.
- Provide an environment that is safe and apt for a diverse student body.