Services Marketing Internships
- Marketing majors with a services concentration who are classified as juniors or seniors are eligible to enroll in MKT-4393 for three hours credit for approved services internships.
- Students interested in a services internship should fill out the Internship Inquiry Form.
- If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Matthew Painter, Internship Coordinator for the Department of Marketing and Department of Management. He can also be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All internships must be approved by Mr. Painter. The internship postings on our website are pre-approved. If the services internship is not posted on our website, you must submit a job description on company letterhead and attach it to the Inquiry Form (linked above). Responsibilities for an internship must be beyond the scope of the "average” part-time or temporary job. Internship credit is allowed only for students who secure approval for their internship prior to beginning work with their supervising company.
- The Services Marketing internship must be scheduled for a minimum of 10 weeks and 200 job hours during the fall or spring semester or 8 weeks and 160 job hours during the summer. The services internship may be either full-time or part-time.
- It is the intern's responsibility to schedule his or her work hours around the class schedule; special registration considerations are not provided.
- Students may enroll in only three (3) additional courses (or 9 hours) during a fall or spring internship, or one (1) additional course each session during a summer internship.
- The services internship may be either paid or unpaid.
The student intern must submit all required reports in a timely manner to Mr. Painter:
- Services Intern Profile Sheet
- Two Monthly Progress Reports (MPRs), including: an analysis of the history of the company; mission, vision, goals and objectives; marketing strategies; competitive analysis; management and leadership styles; human resources practices; the students job responsibilities and learning objectives for the internship; and other topics.
- Supervisor Evaluation
- The student intern must attend an orientation session and schedule a midterm visit with Mr. Painter and the intern’s supervisor.
The orientation session, services intern profile, monthly progress reports, and midterm visit count approximately 50% of the course grade. The supervisor's evaluation counts approximately 50%.
- Marketing majors who are classified as juniors or seniors are eligible to enroll in a sales internship for three hours credit for approved internships.
- The services internship position must be approved by the Services Internship Coordinator, Mr. Matt Painter. The employer is asked to prepare a job description on company letterhead to submit for approval. Responsibilities must be beyond the scope of the "average” part-time or temporary job.
- The internship must be scheduled for a minimum of 10 weeks and 200 job hours during the fall or spring semester or 8 weeks and 160 job hours during the summer. The internship may be either full-time or part-time.
- The services internship may be either paid or non-paid.
- The student must submit two monthly progress reports which include information about the company and the services internship experience to the Services Internship Coordinator. Company financial information is NOT a required component of the report.
- The supervisor is asked to be available for a midterm visit, either by phone or Zoom, with the Services Internship Coordinator and the intern.
- The supervisor is asked to complete an evaluation of the intern’s performance at the conclusion of the internship. This evaluation will constitute approximately 50% of the internship grade.